Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Warm weather dumping continues

 
 
I just did an OGCLE clean-up of 43rd Avenue on Saturday. It was spotless- both sidewalks and gutters- when I finished. It didn't look bad on Sunday afternoon either. But when I walked down the Avenue this morning, I was appalled. It was DISGUSTING. I had only brought a little shopping bag for garbage, because I was on my way to work and planned to just do a perfunctory clean-up. Also, for some stupid reason I never imagined that SO much trash would accumulate in just 3 days. But it surely did. I filled my shopping bag before I even made it halfway down the block. At the end of the block (closer to 72nd Street), I found an actual dump pile: a huge TV (pictured), along with a couple bags of clothing. And lotsa litter too. I had to go home to get a real trash bag, and managed to bag up most of the debris, except for the TV obviously. It looks pretty small in this photo, but trust me, it's a biggy. I submitted a report/pick-up request to 311 just now.


Service Request #: C1-1-1105243881
Date Submitted: 05/20/15 1:41:10 PM
Request Type: Dirty Condition
Details: Dumping

I am SO tired of picking up after people. The crap on 43rd Avenue today included a lot of the nasty stuff that the Ave is known for (to readers of this blog, at least): many drug baggies, blunt wrappers, condom wrappers... but thankfully no whitefish today! It's just SO disgusting!! Situation Team, please, come visit 43rd Avenue ASAP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment