Thursday, May 7, 2015

Elmhurst lawn ornament! (AYFKMWTS)

 
Years ago, a brilliant and witty young lady name Erica blogged about the crazy stuff in her Brooklyn neighborhood. When something was just so astounding that it left her at a loss for words (and she was a very verbose gal normally), she would just post a photo with the headline AYFKMWTS???? (translation: Are You F*ckin Kidding Me With This Sh*t????)

When I saw this new addition to my neighbor's lawn, I thought of dear Erica. That string of letters seemed like the only appropriate thing to say about this.

I noticed this lawn ornament about a week ago. Of course, in that short span of time, people have stuffed it so full that it no longer closes, and threw additional bags on top and on the side. Again, this is in someone's freakin backyard (well, side yard I guess). Is this even legal?? I don't know, I guess so. Sanitation only removes bins from public property. Ah well, it will make an interesting point along the Elmhurst house tour at least!

Clothing collection bin on someone's lawn

No comments:

Post a Comment