Monday, September 29, 2014

The Weekend Sweep (September 27-28, 2014)

Thankfully there were no incidents of dumping on my lil stretch o' land this past weekend. There was plenty of litter to contend with though: I did a pick-up on both Saturday and Sunday (even though I picked up every piece of litter I could find on Saturday, by Sunday afternoon 43rd Ave, 74th Street, and Woodside Avenue were full of debris again).
 
Most of the litter I encountered consisted of the usual booze bottles and plain white styrofoam takeout containers. But I did find an interesting item for my medical waste collection* (*this is a PHOTO collection; I throw out the items after photographing 'em). I found the item pictured below on 43rd Avenue. I looked it up on the BD vacutainer chart. This light-blue-topped vacutainer contains sodium citrate and is used for coagulation studies. This one doesn't appear to have been used--at least, no blood was visible to my naked eyeball. But it's just gross to find such an item on the street.
 
BD Vacutainer, found on 43rd Avenue between 72nd and 74th Streets on Saturday, 9/27/14
~~~~~~~~~~~  
AND, what neighborhood clean-up would be complete without the discovery of drug baggies? I found all three of these babes in a single patch of sidewalk grass, on 43rd Avenue close to 74th Street. I also found a snuff jar (I found another snuff jar, same brand, the following day). As far as I know snuff is legal; after all, it's tobacco, no?- so if cigs are legal I'd think that snuff would be, but I'm really not sure so if anyone knows, please drop me a line.
Three drug baggies and jar of snuff, found on 43rd Avenue near 74th Street on 9/27/14



No comments:

Post a Comment