Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The 43rd Ave Crappification Group

In the mythical la-la-land that likely only exists in parts of suburbia and in my mind, sidewalks are bordered by flowers or hedges, or at least by grass that is NOT infested with drug baggies, used condoms, and Phillies wrappers. But in Elmhurst we do things a little differently. Sometimes we even go all out and decorate with filthy mattresses and television sets. Well, not "we". I am convinced that this is the work of The 43rd Avenue Crappification Group. Their mission: maintain the status quo of filth and neglect and lawlessness, despite the efforts of the disgusted neighbors who are trying to clean up.
The tv on the lefthand side of the photo has been here for at least a week.
For what it's worth, I made a 311 complaint about filthy sidewalk conditions the other day. At the time I only reported the television; the mattress just appeared yesterday. I hope the DSNY isn't gonna be pissed!

P.S. Not sure if they are dues-paying members of the Crappification Group, but the nightly drug-smoking losers definitely contribute in spirit. I for one feel sick to my obese stomach every time I walk down the Avenue at night. It's not even a feeling of fear, but of FURY and disgust, and frustration that no one seems to care about this drug problem except me.

It's very lonely being angry.

P.P.S. I think my crazy garbage-obsessed ranting steered away one group of potheads last night. I had encountered a pile of trash on the Ave near 72nd, and was SO infuriated, mainly because I had done a thorough clean-up over the weekend. So I was probably saying things along the lines of "What the eff is wrong with people?" and "Disgusting effin pieces of sh*t!!!" (Yes, I get VERY angry when I see  litter.) Anyway, the smokers (these were the older, suit-wearing smokers, as opposed to the a-hole teen smokers that gather further down the Ave), all hopped in their (maroon sedan) car and sped away before I even got within 10 feet of them. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment