Friday, February 5, 2016

The snow melted, revealing crap as usual

Yesterday I spent 4.5 hours picking up litter. I collected 3 stuffed-to-capacity trash bags of litter from a grand total of 4 blocks. That's right, 4 measly blocks. 

The highlights were as follows:

1. Four too-heavy-to-lift bags dumped in a parking spot on Woodside Between 72nd and 74th Streets. Quite frankly I am surprised that no one dragged them onto the sidewalk; parking spaces 'round heeyah are few and far between.

           ~~~~~~~
2. This photo sums up the general state of things: litter everywhere, accumulated since my last OGCLE run some time before the 'zard. God forbid anyone clean the sidewalk or curb in front of their residence or business.



~~~~~~~~~~
3. Now we get to Forty-turd Avenue. Thankfully there was no dumping this week. I guess it was too hard to drive bags of trash down an unplowed tertiary road like 43rd; the dumpers opted for Woodside Avenue instead (see above).
But there was plenty of the typical 43rd Ave litter: booze bottles, drug sh*t, and Elmhurst water balloons.

The car in the photo above was occupied by a pot-smoking hipster (beard and everything). I was picking up trash around his car when the smell hit me. 


My most interesting find was the bag captured in the photographic image below. There was a big green container and a bunch of, er, button baggies (which have other uses on 43rd Ave). I just threw this out. Maybe the container was full of buttons, or maybe it was full of weed... I would feel very bad if I threw out a crafter's accumulation of supplies (eg, buttons, beads). But if this was some kind of drug crap, sorry not sorry.






No comments:

Post a Comment