Monday, February 9, 2015

The 43rd Avenue "Artist": His Passion for Crappiness Will Not Be Stifled!

~I am seriously starting to despise this person.~
 
Crappy attempt at drawing by a no-talent loser. This appeared sometime between Feb 7 evening and Feb 8 morn

I had just painted over the graffiti that he* gifted to us during the last snowstorm (documented here). So imagine my IRE when I walked to church yesterday morning and saw that he had graffitied on the fence again.
*For all I know (which is nothing), the graffiti "artist" could be a gal. I don't really have the feeling it is though. So forgive me for being sexist, but I'm going to refer to this individual with the masculine pronoun.
Graffiti that appeared sometime between Feb 7 evening and Feb 8 morn


Graffiti that appeared sometime between Feb 7 evening and Feb 8 morn

He did not just graffiti on any ol' part of the fence, but specifically on the parts that I had just repainted (you can see the areas with the lighter/fresher paint quite clearly in person). Thus, I believe he is sending a message to me. Well, not me personally since hopefully he doesn't know who I am, but to the person/people/organization(s) that are interested in removing the trash, stopping illegal dumping, and painting over GRAFFITI in our neighborhood. Obviously this graffiti "artist" does not approve of such endeavors. That's what boggles my already boggled mind. Does he want things to look sh*tty? I don't get it. I assume he lives nearby. Wouldn't he want his own neighborhood to look nice? (Forgive me for imposing what may be a limited and highly personal aesthetic, but I don't think graffiti makes a neighborhood look nice; it has quite the opposite effect, actually.)

Also, the idiot who paints "XVIII" in the area added his territorial scribble to the Woodside Ave overpass between 72nd and 74th Streets this weekend. I don't know if 18 is the same person who does the 43rd Ave crap. But in any case, it's obnoxious, it's depressing, it's infuriating. And as long as I have some paint left, I am going to keep painting over these silly marks.

UPDATE Tuesday, Feb. 10, 4pm My awesome husband just informed me that he painted over the graffiti, woohoo!!

1 comment:

  1. I know who you are, fattie!!!! Just you try to keep that wall blue. Ha ha haaaaaaaa

    XVIII

    ReplyDelete